5 Ancient Grains you need to try
The hottest new food trend is actually pretty old. Way, way old.
Health magazine has published a list of the best ancient grains to include in our diet:
- Amaranth: A “perfect addition to vegan and gluten-free diets”, we shouldn’t be fooled by this grain’s tiny size.
- Millet: No longer associated with bird food, this grain is also gluten-free and can help fight heart disease and diabetes.
- Spelt: A grain that is lower in gluten than wheat and a better source of iron.
- Teff: A super nutrient-packed grain with a nutty flavor and great health benefits.
- Kamut: A grain sweeter than wheat and a good way to fight diseases such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
To view the complete article (in PDF format), click here.